Kotlich cooking in winter can be extremely demanding! BUT don't be put off.
Several tips will help you to enjoy this event.
- Dress up ready for the worst weather.
- Have most things prepared as much as possible before you go out into the elements.
- Have dry kindling, wood, paper and matches and a plan to shelter the fire until it has really taken.
- In keeping with the second point don't choose anything too complicated to cook.
- Warn guests so they can come prepared for any weather, maybe each with their own bowl, mug and K,F and S.
- If it is an evening event have plenty of light, hanging oil lamps and head torches. (Nothing worse than cooking when you can't see)
- Use anything like a tarpaulin, bales, open fronted barn for your own shelter.
- Start the party by brewing up a mulled alcholic drink in your Kotlich to warm everyone up.
- Remember there is no such thing as bad weather only badly dressed people. (or in this case badly prepared)