This comes from an old Hungarian cook book and is very basic and delicious.
You need 600gm chopped beef, 2 serving spoons of oil, 1 chopped onion, 1tsp red sweet paprika, salt and pepper, potatoes and one thin green pepper to cook whole .
- Light your fire, put oil in the Kotlich and hang over the heat.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- Add 1tsp sweet dried red paprika quickly followed by the cubed meat.
- Stir, browning for a few minutes.
- Add water to cover meat.
- Cook for 2hrs at a medium speed.
- Add 2 potatoes, cubed, one whole green thin pepper and some tomato juice
- Cook for a further 20mins.
- Serve with Potatoes or rice or home made pasta and cottage cheese.
- Some red wine can be used instead of or as well as water.
- This should end up quite thick without too much gravy. Adjust liquid as you wish.